If you are in immediate danger or require emergency medical assistance, please call 999 immediately and come back to this page at a later stage. This system is not linked to the emergency services.

Any form of harassment or hate incident is never okay. 

Some forms of harassment are considered a hate incident.  A hate incident or crime is any act of violence or hostility against a person or property that is motivated by hostility or prejudice towards a person due to a particular protected characteristic.

Bullying and harassment are contrary to the Equality Act 2010  and the University EDI policy which can be viewed by clicking here.



  • Report and Support. Students and staff can report an incident using the University‚Äôs Report and Support system. You can choose to do this anonymously or you can request support from an advisor. If you choose to talk to an advisor they will be able to talk through the options and support available to you, in confidence.
  • University Procedure. If you choose to make a formal complaint to the University about a student or member of staff there are procedures which set out the steps you'll need to follow.  Further details can be found on the Student Conduct and Complaints page

Get Support 

  • Harassment Contacts. If you are experiencing harassment (including bullying, assault, discrimination, hate incidents or sexual harassment) and wish to seek further support, you can also make use of the Harassment Contacts within the University.  Students can choose to contact any of the Harassment Contacts and may prefer to speak to someone from a different department or section.
  • Counselling Service. Students are able to access support from our counselling team.  Counselling offers you a safe space to address the impact that an incident has had upon you.  All counsellors are fully qualified members of BACP, BABCP, or UKCP, and adhere to ethical guidelines.   Counselling can be accessed by emailing us: counselling@kent.ac.uk or medwaycounselling@kent.ac.uk  Or, you can  call us: +44 (01227 823206) 
  •  Mental Health and Wellbeing. We have mental Health Advisers,  who can offer mental health advice and support if you have found your mental health to be impacted following an incident.  For further information, please consult our website.  If you feel you need urgent support please phone on 01227 826573 for the Canterbury campus or 01634 888474 for Medway or email KentSSW@kent.ac.uk or MedwaySSW@kent.ac.uk and ask for an on the day appointment.
  • Nightline. Call Nightline and speak to a trained student volunteer about anything that may be troubling you. Student volunteers are on hand throughout the night if you just need someone to listen. (20.00-08.00, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday). 

Need to contact the Police? 

 If you are in immediate danger or are seriously injured, you can call 999 (or 112 from a mobile). For non-emergency calls, dial 101.  To find out more information about how Kent Police can support you, please click here

There are two ways you can tell us what happened