External support available for:
Online Harassment and cyber bullying
- Bright Sky App is a free-to-download mobile app that provides support and information to anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know. The app is for anyone looking for information about issues around domestic abuse such as online safety, stalking and harassment and sexual consent.
- Get Safe Online The website compiles a range of information and advice on online safety.
- Speak Up & Stay Safe(r): A Guide to Protecting Yourself From Online Harassment
- UK Safer Internet Centre is a partnership of three leading charities that aim to make the internet a better place for children and young people.
- The Cyber Helpline supports people who have experienced cybercrime and online harm. They have an online chatbot, as well as online guides, and helpline volunteers who can support you.
- TogetherAll is an anonymous 24/7 online global community with support from trained professionals which you can log onto using your university email address. They also have support articles that might help you: ‘Understanding Bullying: Bully for You’, ‘Standing Up to A Bully’, ‘Know Your Worth’.
- Shout 85258 is free confidential text service where you can speak with a trained volunteer.
- Bullies Out is a charity that provides support for anyone experiencing bullying. You can contact an online mentor if you are experiencing bullying or know someone that is for advice and support on email@example.com. You can also refer yourself for 5 counselling sessions specifically around bullying and your experience through their Talk2us scheme. Bullies Out also have an e-mentoring scheme which can also provide support
- National Bullying Helpline has two different phone lines available to use, both of which are available Monday to Friday between 9 am and 5 pm. If your situation is complicated, and you have questions, you can access many helpful guides via the website, or call the team on 0845 225 5787 who will be able to help.
- What is harassment and bullying?
- I think I have experienced harassment and/or bullying.
- I think someone I know has experienced harassment and/or bullying.